Instead, we decided to conduct a little contest! It's just for fun and there is no science to it. Just GUESS... Which mom delivered AND What is the gender of the baby. Is the new mom 'Lilah or Lily'? AND Is the baby a boy or girl? For the person that posts the closest guess, I'll mail you a 2015 Pronkin' Pastures photo calendar.
Here are some details to help you guess ....
- We had two moms due to deliver - Miss Lilah June at 357 days gestation and Calla Lily at 332 days gestation. Average gestation is approximately 11 1/2 months, but gestational length can vary greatly. We have had crias born in as few as 317 days gestation and as many as 360 days gestation.
- Miss Lilah June (med. brown) was bred to our black herdsire Black Ryder. Lilah has had 5 babies (4 female / 1 male) that have been beige, fawn and brown in color. Her average gestational length has been 359 days.
- Calla Lily (white) was bred to a white herdsire named Triumph. Lily's average gestational length has been 322 days. She has given us 3 babies (2 male / 1 female) that have been white, medium brown, and rose grey in color.
- As you can see from the photo above, the baby is dark brown in color.
- Both girls are within a time frame that it could be feasible for her to deliver.
Is the new mom 'Lilah or Lily'? AND is the baby a 'boy or girl' ? The first person to guess correctly will receive a 2015 Pronkin' Pastures photo calendar. To enter a guess just 'leave a reply' (below) and post your guess in the comment box. Do it before Sept 1 to be eligible to win. We will post all the details on the birth and new arrival on Sept 1st! Good luck!
UPDATE: Thank you to all that played along! Unfortunately, we didn't get a correct guess. Our new mom is Lilah, and it's a girl! Since we didn't have a winner in this contest and Lily is due to deliver next, we'll send a calendar to whomever got the gender correct - so Lisa and Ann Marie if it's a girl, Judi if it's a boy. Stay tuned!